Yubing XiaPutuo District, Shanghai, China, China
Graduate Intern in Outreach and Communication
Sep 2013 - May 2014
- Recruited and led a Steering Committee of students, and organized 8 educational events for Harvard Women’s Week 2014. - Trained and supervised 9 interns; managed 3 yearlong projects on education, outreach, and leadership engagement. - Managed the Women’s Center’s website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and produced weekly e-newsletters, and Radcliff Mentor Program newsletters.
National Consultant, Advocacy and Communications
Nov 2010 - May 2012
- Designed and executed UNAIDS China’s first communication strategy and attracted 90,000+ new followers online. - Developed partnerships to involve foreign ambassadors, a US senator, an Academy Award winner, international and local human rights activists, and hundreds of college students in World AIDS Day 2011 advocacy campaigns. - Organized events, international conferences and high-level meetings, including China’s 3rd Red Ribbon Forum and Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations Michel Sidibe’s visits with former Premier Wen and Premier Li. - Established and cultivated relationships with major media: Xinhua, People’s Daily, CCTV, Sina, Tencent, Caixin, 163, etc. - Liaised with national partners: State Council, Ministry of Health, CDC at all levels, Baidu, grassroots NGOs, etc. - Wrote bi-lingual in-depth feature articles for the official website. Produced weekly internal reports and newsletters. - Established UNAIDS’ first searchable online document database. Translated UNAIDS Terminology Guidelines 2011. - Strategically connected human rights advocacy with news trends, e.g. interviewed with top filmmaker Changwei Gu and published an awareness-raising article on China’s most influential magazine Caixin when Gu’s movie about the rural community of people living with HIV Beloved and documentary Together were shown in cinema. - Passionately published articles to advocate for ending violence against the most vulnerable women, such as low-end sex workers, female partners of MSM, rural women living with HIV/AIDS, lesbians, and so on.
National Project Officer at Shanghai World Expo 2010
Apr 2010 - Nov 2010
- Developed and strengthened partnerships with 300+ journalists from all kinds of local and international media. - Organized press conferences, arranged interviews, wrote bilingual press releases, briefs, newsletters, and blogs. - Designed and implemented EU’s first social media strategy in China and attracted 58,000+ new followers. - Collaborated with private sector partners, colleagues from Beijing and Brussels, staff and volunteers to ensure that EU Pavilion’s day-to-day operations, events and high-level visits were appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
English Reporter; Co-founder of globaltimes.cn
Feb 2009 - Mar 2010
- Feature Bloody Hell: Unfounded Discrimination Bans Gays from Donating adopted by UNAIDS global newsletter. - Published awareness-raising features on international affairs, women’s rights and empowerment, democracy, paternity leave, free speech, cross-border sex trafficking in Asia-Pacific, human rights, etc. - Established and cultivated relationships with entrepreneurs, government officials at all levels, scholars, local and foreign organizations (WFP, Oxfam, United Nations field offices, Wild Aid, TNC, Action Aid, etc).
Trends Media Group
Sep 2006 - Aug 2007
- Organized the Women's Health magazine’s annual Pink Ribbon events in 2006 and raised awareness of breast cancer nationwide. - Designed, wrote, and published in-depth features on women’s reproductive health, mental health, movement, etc. - Interviewed influential female role models and published features regarding women’s leadership and social impact.
Director, Department of Social Services
Mar 2004 - Sep 2005
- Organized “Fudan University Summer Career Fair” in 2004 and 2005 - Helped undergraduate and graduate students find internships, part-time jobs, and full-time jobs. - Established tickets sales for all kinds of activities in Shanghai and registration service for many tests (e.g. TOEIC)
Beijing No.2 High School-
Harvard Kennedy SchoolMPP, Public Policy
University of OxfordMst, Women's Studies
Fudan UniversityB.A., Chinese Language and Literature; Philosophy
InfoThis public profile is provided courtesy of Clay. All information found here is in the public domain.
View this profile and more…Discover, organize, and deepen all your personal and professional relationships with Clay.
Get Clay Free →