Ian HumphreysSalisbury, England, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Experienced running complex accounts as an individual contributor and a Team Manager. Focused on Managed Service, SaaS and Software in the Security space
Account Director - Specialist Sales
Aug 2019 - Current
Shape were a fast growing start-up, recently sold to F5, focused on developing new business in Telco's and Enterprise accounts in the UK and Southern Europe. Helped developed the proposition, messaging and delivery of the solution. Now as part of F5 I am the Shape Sales Specialist for the UK Enterprise team.
Business Development Director
Jan 2019 - Aug 2019
First on the ground in the UK, working from a blank piece of paper hunting new logo’s in the UK and Nordic markets selling SaaS Enterprise Software solution.
Account Director - Telco & Global Systems Integrators
Oct 2015 - Dec 2018
- Long term development of trusted relationships with key Telco’s creating the Big Vision for the accounts and recruiting the best talent in the company to be part of the virtual team to execute the plan. • In cooperation with the client, developed offerings that addressed their primary requirement to build, support and accelerate their Cloud business, initially with their own cloud and then into a Hybrid cloud model. Commercially trusted and involved in sensitive pre-product launch.• Owned the plan, mentored the team, lead by example and worked at the strategic level. Also deep dived when required to drive the issue/opportunity to a speedy resolution.• Introduced product teams from HQ, for new incubator products, to Innovation teams in the client, to ensure that the client requirements were addressed. • Took ownership of first contact for all communications to and from client, including technical, support, marketing and legal.
Account Director - Vodafone UK & Ireland
Apr 2014 - Oct 2015
- Coaching and mentoring a team focused on solving the client’s operational issues.• Simplified reporting and operational processes using the best of the team’s suggestions to support the improvement of the client satisfaction score. Improved NPS from -30 to +20• Owned ‘C’ level relationships, escalation paths and resolved contractual issues.• Maintained client trust through difficult, detailed contract termination and breach negotiations, ensuring the best outcome for both the client and Alcatel Lucent.
Account Director - BT
Check Point Software Technologies
Feb 2012 - Apr 2014
- Hired new members into the Account team that raised the bar and challenged the incumbents.• Created a new co–term offering that solved the clients No 1 issue of buying support services across the year, which involved significant effort in following renewals, challenging the product and support teams in HQ to understand the customer issues. • Committed to be part of the UK Management team whilst new Managing Director was recruited, which involved managing the Telco and System Integrators total business, whilst owning individual number.
Sales Director - Telco & Media
Jan 2008 - Feb 2012
- Developed, hired, repositioned and mentored the team growing the contribution to the business from £xm to £xm by selling more, increasing margin and spending less. • Increased contribution from 80% of current customers by focusing on what the customer needs, developing solutions with no direct competition. • Evolved solution portfolio to follow customer needs which often was quite different from the of the business.2008 Overall Global Win of the Year - Multi-year managed service2009 Global Services Win of the year - Network upgrade2010 Nominated for Global Services Win of the year
Global Account Manager - Vodafone
Nov 2006 - Jan 2008
Tasked to revitalise the UK account team and Global team management. Established on the Global Strategic Supplier Program
Account Director UK & Ireland - Vodafone
Jul 2005 - Oct 2006
- Refocused and mentored account team.• Changed operation model to be on the client premises, getting client sponsored contractor badges.
BT Account Director
Dec 2000 - Jun 2005
- Ownership of the P&L for the BT Account• Created strategy to overcome internal intercompany bias to external companies• Mentored and lead team to cover all aspects of BT with different strategies for each business unit.Won a contract delivering a 12-month transformation of BT Group Finance saving £x0m from the following years budget for an investment for £xm. Took leadership of the deliverables of the project.
VP Business Development
May 2000 - Dec 2000
- Identified target market and created market entry plan and strategy including recruiting initial partners • Developed partnerships required for the delivery of the service. • Plan not started due to IPO/Investment plan failing due to DotCom bust
Sales Director - EMEA
Kasten Chase Applied Research
Apr 1994 - May 2000
Amazon Web ServicesAWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition)
Henley Management College-
InfoThis public profile is provided courtesy of Clay. All information found here is in the public domain.
View this profile and more…Discover, organize, and deepen all your personal and professional relationships with Clay.
Get Clay Free →