Arthur AkselrodNew York, New York, United States
Manager with over 7 years of leadership experience and 14 years of IT industry experience with technical background. Significant experience in concurrently coordinating multiple complex projects of all sizes, wide array of technologies and interfaced with clients ranging from large corporations to startups. Experienced in overseeing multiple teams using agile methodology while excelling in workflow and business process optimization. Proactively worked on improving reporting and planning in order to provide realistic due dates, clarify the bottlenecks, and track risks to deadlines. Demonstrated success while working under pressure to resolve issues with communication and delivery. A strong believer in transparency, building clear processes and good communication with stakeholders.
Senior Project Manager
May 2016 - Current
Jun 2012 - Apr 2016
- Managed and monitored multiple accounts involving large, medium and startup companies.- Responsible for the overall health of the accounts including client relationship, development teams, deliverables, risk management and P&L.- Overseen projects of various sizes and stages.- Coordinated multiple offshore teams in various geographic locations.- Worked with teams and clients to resolve high pressure issues and improve and streamline processes.- Coached teams on Agile approach and methodology.
Manager of Technical Writing Service
Dec 2010 - May 2016
- Proposed, planned and created a new Technical Writing Service for EPAM initially composed of five people (four offshore) as proof of concept. - Successfully trained members of the team from novices to professional technical writers and now to a thriving product, which offers a valuable service to EPAM and clients.
Thomson Reuters (client) / EPAM
Dec 2006 - Mar 2012
- Managed development and support for over 30 ASP and ASP.NET websites with another 20 helper applications and services under Reuters Knowledge Integration (RKI) using Agile methodology.- Worked with the client on-site and managed offshore development team.- Controlled and worked on continuous improvement of workflows, planned and coordinated production releases, negotiated working arrangements, resolved conflicts, and managed 24x7 support line.- Coordinated development and production releases amongst multiple groups: TR managers, service owners, IT, DB administrators and EPAM developers.
Dec 2004 - Nov 2006
- Met with clients and gathered information for a new project.- Created Test Cases, Use Cases and updated Documentation and Story Boards for various companies- Integrated the financial applications FpML (Financial Protocol Modeling Language) and Numerix using C#.- Learned and utilized Microsoft Design Patterns.
portable Internet Inc
Sep 2003 - Apr 2004
Jun 2002 - Jul 2003
- Developed a customer relationship management (CRM) model in Visual Elk using Visual FoxPro 6.0 as front end and SQL Server 2000 as backend.- Fixed numerous bugs and made enhancements to previously built models.- Build and edited FoxPro Reports.- Used my knowledge of VB to assist coworkers by answering questions and assistance with code.
Digitech Computer, Inc
Nov 2001 - Apr 2002
- Used Visual Fox Pro and Visual Basic to create components that used HyperAccess to send a file to a Medicare or Medicaid BBS. - Maintain, installed and updated the existing software developed by Digitech being used internally and by clients.- Customer supports and information gathering for current and future development.
May 1998 - Dec 2000
- Developed and maintained Corporate Actions software. Written in VB6 it was used to notify banks and brokers about sale of stocks and bonds.- Participated in creating and maintaining Oppenheimer Intranet using HTML, VBScript and ADO connection to SQL databases.- Worked in a group to develop business reference software using VB and SQL.- Rewrote Fixed Income Software from VB3 to VB6. It featured an improved interface and performance optimization.
Feb 1995 - Jun 1995
- Helped create a pricing program for engineering purposes. Developed the interface and helped write the code.
Pace UniversityBA, Computer Science
InfoThis public profile is provided courtesy of Clay. All information found here is in the public domain.
View this profile and more…Discover, organize, and deepen all your personal and professional relationships with Clay.
Get Clay Free →