Cyan BanisterHalf Moon Bay, California, United States, United States
Bio
Specialties: recruiting, hiring, management, anti-spam abuse investigation, scaling operations, technical fire fighting, customer support
Social
Experience
Author
The Ugly Duckling
Jun 2020 - Current
Http://uglyduckling.substack.com The story of how I went from being homeless to becoming a VC.
Investor
Long Journey Ventures
Mar 2020 - Current
Owner
Banister Capital
Aug 2008 - Current
Partner
Founders Fund
Feb 2016 - Feb 2020
Ev"angel"ist
AngelList
Jun 2015 - Feb 2020
Co-founder
Signal Media Project
Apr 2013 - Feb 2016
Secret for now ;-) More soon.
Investor
Hot Potato
2007 - 2008
Co Founder
Zivity - www.zivity.com
Feb 2006 - Mar 2016
Support the art you love! Zivity, a San Francisco start-up which launched at TechCrunch40 in 2007, is a subscription and vote-based artist/fan interaction platform that sits at the intersection of American Idol, Facebook and Playboy. Fans interact with artists and vote for their favorite content. Zivity’s dollar-backed votes distribute cash payments to its content producers.
Recruiter
Banister Advisors
Feb 2006 - 2008
I no longer actively recruit, but I'll pass on resumes to companies I'm involved with, so if you are an engineer, please contact me.
Senior Manager, Security Operations
IronPort
Dec 2005 - Feb 2006
Managed the SpamCop operations group which oversaw the world's largest known spammer blacklist. Spam submissions were sent in from an avid community of reporters from around the world who each individually did their part in the fight for the reduction of spam for our inboxes. The SpamCop blacklist is used as a weight in many popular spam fighting engines that protect email infrastructure for governments, large enterprises, schools and private individuals. Oversaw a 24/7 Virus & Malware threat operation center who's primary responsibility was monitoring real-time attacks and deploying rules to IronPort's world-wide customer infrastructure. Managed a team of multi-lingual rule writers for IronPort's anti-spam engine. IronPort's engineers were responsible for 99% of the efficacy of our engines and our team was responsible for the remaining 1%.
Manager of Strategic Support and Anti-Spam Operations
IronPort
May 2005 - Nov 2005
Created a group that continues to exist within Cisco that oversees the metrics, customer satisfaction and support infrastructure for IronPort's world-wide customer base.
Manager of Support, Worldwide
IronPort
Sep 2004 - Jun 2005
Standards and Practices Manager
IronPort
Oct 2003 - Sep 2004
Standards and Practices Manager
Savicom
Mar 2002 - Oct 2003
CTO
Women's Economic Agenda Project
Jul 2001 - Mar 2002
Tools and Automation Engineer
iAsiaWorks
Jan 2001 - Jun 2001
Operations - Systems Administration - Development Support
NBCi
Jan 1999 - Jan 2001
Systems Admin / Support Manager
Extreme Internet
Sep 1997 - Sep 1998
InfoThis public profile is provided courtesy of Clay. All information found here is in the public domain.
Get Started with ClayA thoughtfully designed relationship manager for macOS and iOS.
InfoThis public profile is provided courtesy of Clay. All information found here is in the public domain.